2022 Baseball Registration opens on December 1,2021
AA Baseball National and American
BASEBALL REGISTRATION begins December 1, 2021, and ends on February 28,2021 at midnight.
(Registration may end earlier if teams will up.)
Registration fees for 2022 season are:
Early Bird $300.00-
December 1,2021- December 31,2021 @ Midnight
Regular Registration $325.00-
January 1,2022 - January 31,2022 @ Midnight
Late Registration $340.00-
February 1,2022 - February 28,2022 @ Midnight
A registration without a full payment does not "hold" a spot on any roster.
Returning players have until December 31,2021 at midnight to register and make payment, to be guaranteed a sport on last year’s roster.
AA team registrations, for new players or returning players signed up after December 31, 2021, are accepted on a first come first serve basis (based on when you signed up online and full payment has been received).
A limited amount of space is available, and programs do fill quickly. We recommend early registration.
What’s included with registration:
- AYL game/league fees
- 10-16 game season (dependent on weather or other cancellations out of our control).
- Practice permit fees, for Spring season
- Practice/game team equipment
- Games on some of the best fields in the Denver Metro Area
What’s NOT include with registration:
- Uniform (will be purchased through Spartans online store)
- Batting Helmet
Spartan Youth Club baseball is for ages 5-14 (we do not offer T-ball), no high school participants.
Age Cutoff Date for Baseball-
Prior to the 2006 baseball season, AYL and Spartan Youth Club adopted the age cutoff change being implemented by all youth baseball organizations. The age cutoff date for AYL is May 1st For example, to play in the 12u division in 2022, a player cannot turn 13 before May 1, 2022.
Levels of play: AA National is designed for beginner/intermediate players. AA American is for Intermediate/advances players.
2022 AA Season:
- League season starting in early April for all ages, games are typically one (1) Saturday and one (1) Sunday per week but could be played Friday through Sunday.
- The league will attempt to over-schedule games on all playable days/dates within the online described league calendar (listed on the AYL Baseball homepage). Doing so, teams will have more games pre-scheduled with little to no make-up games (board discretion).
- All teams at age 6 and up will play at the "AA" level.
- Season opening AA Spring Training “Tune-Up” games will be held on April 1st and 2nd (two (2) game, typically one (1) Saturday and one (1) Sunday). Tune-up games do not count towards league standings.
- Coach pitch formats will be played at age 6 and 7.
- A modified coach pitch format will be played at the 8AA National level only.
- Starting at the 8AA American level (and older ages) will be kid pitch.
- All ages, all teams, may be AA National or AA American, American being the higher level of competition.
- League games will not be scheduled on Easter Sunday, Mother's Day, or Memorial Day weekend.
- PLEASE NOTE: Weekends that show no games does not mean it will not have games, weather does impact baseball and games will be loaded on available weekends for play, if needed.
- There are no bye requests for regular season or playoff games.
- Any team that is unavailable for the playoffs or World Series due to outside tournament conflicts or travel will be removed from the end of season AYL playoffs.
- The division size(s) (number of teams) will be determined by the AYL BOD. All teams will be reviewed and seeded to determine the appropriate participation level for each team.
- At the conclusion of the regular season play, all teams will participate in a double elimination playoff. The playoffs will begin in early June and conclude in late June. Trophies will be awarded to the top 2 teams participating in the World Series game. There are no trophies for regular season finish.
- The above-described season is subject to change at any time by the AYL Baseball BOD.
CLICK HERE to register
Due to our nonprofit status refunds are only available during the registration process and will be charged a $25.00 administrative fee. Requests must be made prior to the first date of official practice for our club. Requests made after March 1, 2022, the clubs first scheduled practices of that season, we have a NO REFUND POLICY, no exceptions.
Last updated November 15, 2021